Aug 2, 2011

A Summer To Remember Chpt. II

Universal Studios. I always wanted to go there (again) one day and have fun. And recently on a family vacation to Singapore, my whole family went. After a few days of researching on several travel websites, we were set for the day. We decided it was prudent to do the park anti-clockwise and boy it was the best decision ever.

Of course I can go on and on telling you about every single ride I actually got on etc but that would probably bore you to death. Heck it may even bore me to death. Instead, here are the three rides I think are worth a ride (or two).

1. BATTLESTAR GALATICA. Human VS Cylon. OK, Human was thrilling, only because of that massive drop which did not seem to end. Then it sort of just was like any other roller coaster with twists, turns and yes, more drops. Cylon on the other hand was quite the adventure. Yours truly had the chance to ride the beast up front. And boy I tell ya, it was such a joy. Adrenaline rush was at an all time high after this ride.

2. REVENGE OF THE MUMMY. Perhaps because this ride was the only indoor roller coaster in Singapore's Universal Studios. The setting was pitch darkness throughout and boy was it fun! There were a few unexpected twists to the ride, and to find out what, I reckon you go and find out for yourself.

3. JURASSIC PARK RAPIDS ADVENTURE. There was a little bit of drama when we were waiting to get on this ride. Apparently after waiting for 45 minutes, the ride encountered some 'technical difficulties' as they say and had to be shut down until further notice. Mind you, this was actually THE LAST ride we all needed to get on to complete the whole park, yes, entire park. And this happened. We were determined to get on it anyway and with Divine Intervention, the ride reopened at 8pm. We got on minutes later and I have to say it was pretty darn good!

Universal Studios Singapore was a blast for my family and I. It truly is a place to spend time with family or friends. I would gladly come back another time in the future.

Our last day in Singapore was basically filled with shopping on Orchard Road. As there was like a 'further mark down' sale pretty much everywhere, we did quite a bit of shopping there. Yes my friends, we helped Singapore's already blessed economy. But hey, the stuff we purchased were all at a steal, so I guess there is no harm in that. 

I have to say I truly do enjoy visiting Singapore. It's just that everything seems more chilled and relaxed there. No, I do not mean people there are slow (in fact I noticed they walk and do things faster than people in Malaysia), it's just that throughout the whole trip, we didn't need to worry about much. Not transportation, not finding places we needed to get to, pretty much nothing. Everything is accessible via their public transportation system and I laud Singapore's decision to invest so much in that. It is truly something to be proud of. So, till we meet again Singapore, I know we will meet again soon.

No comments: