Jan 9, 2010

Bittersweet Winter

It was actually quite hard for me getting back on this whole Internet networking business again. I don't know, it's just been hard for me. People would (normally) log on every single day (or minute) to Facebook or blog about everyday thoughts more during the holidays, but no me. It was a bittersweet winter break like the title suggests.

Let me start by saying my holiday started with a BANG (no, literally). One tailgating car just crashed into me 40 (yep, F-O-R-T-Y) minutes before my Psychology finals. I was sure I was doomed. Shaken up from the incident, I witnessed how my car just got a minor dent on the bumper and the Toyota Avanza that crashed into me (yes, AN MPV folks) wrecked. The bonnet was crumpled and even the radiator leaked, hence the car couldn't even move anymore. How ironic, as I did name my car The FiTT Machine. Heh. I took this hard on myself, to the extent that I told myself I was not going to drive for the rest of my life. Yeah ,that and frantically calling my dad to hire a driver to chauffeur me to college. That would be sweet no? Anyway, my mother, sister AND brother came; mom and bro took care of the wreck; sis took me to college for the final paper. Obviously my brain was still functioning a little that I called Reb to tell the lecturer I was going to be late. Indeed I was, 15 minutes in fact. Things went downhill from there. I couldn't think. No more brain juices could help me. I kept thinking about the car. 'Oh well, I might as well just complete it. I was doing pretty well in it anyway, how bad could I get?', I thought to myself. So, I finished it, my heart a little heavy to hand in the paper, but I did. Fast forward a couple hours later, a police report made, and an hour (or two) sulking, I was getting ready for the planned birthday dinner at Tony Roma's at Pavilion KL. Obviously due to the crash, this did not happen so my dad switched the birthday dinner venue to Coca, Subang Parade. I got news that my dad would just meet me there and that's when I freaked. Did I have to drive, ALREADY? A few minutes later, I was at the wheel of the much larger family car of ours driving to Subang Parade. FML. Heh.

I got much better after a couple of days and got the news of a job as a student helper. Of course I was interested! Money ($$$$$$) was involved here people! OKOK, don't get me wrong here, but I was really bored at home and plus a little extra cash would go a long way with me. So I did the 3 day stint. It was pretty boring for the most part but I didn't mind. Worked with great friends, Andre and So Imm. Thanks guys.

WAIT!!! REWIND!! OK, a day before work started, I got to know of my final results. BAD BAD BAD I tell you! CGPA skydived. Even more bad news for me. I didn't talk to ANYONE on that day. To make things worse, the day actually started off great! We (sis, bro in law, mom) were doing some shopping in conjunction with the Christmas sale. When I got news of the results being out, my mood just died I guess. I ended up getting nothing.

Anyway, enough of the sad news. Good times during this winter break:

1. Celebrating my dad's birthday, my birthday, my sister's birthday, my brother's birthday AND my mom's birthday with my family. Mind you, all these celebrations happened on different dates and at different places. Now that's what I call celebration people!

2. Celebrating my birthday with friends. Thanks guys!

3. Helped out Dre get brand spanking new shoes. Let me tell you, it was a bargain considering it was quite a well known brand.

4. SHOPPING. 'Nuff said.

5. New years eve with family. I know how perhaps loser-ish this may sound, but that just the way I roll. See, my mom's birthday is on the 31st December so we ALWAYS celebrate EVERY year. Well, look at the fireworks show we put for the whole Malaysia to see (jkjkjk). But yeah, family is one of the most important things to me.

6. Ice cream cake! OMG to good to be true! And this past winter we got 2 of em'. One for my birthday and one for my younger sis' birthday! Baskin Robbins yum yum!

7. AVATAR. Perhaps THE most epic movie of 2009. Amazing film. Ask anyone.

8. Sherlock Holmes. Robert Downey Jr., Rachael McAdams and Jude Law. Three great actors equals one great movie.

9. My friends. ALL of you have been amazing. Let's continue this friendship forever and ever and ever and ever and ever...

10. Dad opening a car wash business. It may sound funny but it was quite fun doing all the cleaning up of the place. And yes we are open! Go to Gombak to get your car washed OK? Hehe, that is if you want to. We just opened for a week. So far, its been good, Alhamdulillah.

So, I am officially back on this blog and Facebook. I might not log in as regularly as I used to but I will log on every other day or two. Not as bad as 3 weeks once right? Hehe. OK, send me some love. Cheers!

Mood: Sad

3 comments:

Andre Tan said...

holyyyyyyyyy. sorreee about the shopping thing T.T
everyone deserves a happy mood for shopping! ngah. D:

Ainaa SS said...

i see u put the wintersleep song!!!
:)

Faiz said...

Andre: No-lah wasn't your fault at all.
Really.
:)

Ainaa: Yup2.
I did!
Its nice la.
:)