Apr 2, 2012

I Found Myself Again

When I came here 7.5 months ago, I never imagined I would have been fortunate enough to be at this point of my life I am now. I was so timid back then, as I pretty much knew absolutely no one and had no place to stay. But I figured I'd go through this whole process one step at a time. And lo and behold, not even a year later I can say I am extremely comfortable here. The housing situation was pretty much settled a few days after I arrived here. And eventually when classes started, I slowly (but surely) managed to befriend a handful of people. I guess I am doing good for myself considering I came to this place and pretty much had to find my place here from scratch.

And boy did I have a grand time last year. Despite a whirlwind of a semester, it was great. It almost seemed like it went by a little too fast though. However, I didn't mind that cause that's a clear indication I was having a blast here. It was the semester that I surprised myself even. I never thought I would be as comfortable as I was. But I was. And it is a great feeling. Also, classes last semester were tough (no kidding) but it perhaps was the best semester of my college career thus far. If only U of M didn't put their Dean's list standard at a 3.67, I would have easily gotten on it. Just missed that mark by 0.07 and though I was sort of upset, I was overjoyed cause I did not expect the semester to be such a great one.

Now it's my second semester of college here and I have to say I love it here. The people, the environment, is just great. The young college crowd gives this place such a great young vibe. I recently went to Chicago for 6 days during spring break here and after a couple of days, I honestly started to miss home (Minneapolis). Not that I wasn't having a blast in Chicago, but it just dawned on me that when we (my friend and I) got back to the hotel, it wasn't my room I was coming back to, wasn't my bed. So yeah. I feel like I have an emotional attachment to Minneapolis now.

Alright, back to school. This semester has been going I guess. Albeit not smoothly, its going. I don't know how well I will end up doing this semester as a few weeks ago I was just out of it and wasn't myself. However, now, I feel more pumped than ever. I am determined to do the best I can for these remaining weeks and hopefully pull off great grades as well. I feel so much better knowing that in the end everything will be OK. With the support of my family and friends, I am in a much better place now. I really would like to thank everyone who has been there for me for the past few weeks. Faiz is back. Yeah baby!

1 comment:

Justine said...

Woot woot! Welcome back! :D