Apr 28, 2012

After The Storm

It was a rather stressful week for me. I just finished two back to back tests today and I have to say it was rather brutal. I don't think I have done as much studying as I had done this week than I had, err, ever and I honestly almost broke down and had that why-am-I-doing-this? feeling again. However, I had a very meaningful conversation with two great people I have came to know very well this semester. They put some sense into me and really made me open my eyes. Yeah, this thing (college) we're doing now is only the smaller picture. What I will truly get from this college career of mine is the experience of having been here. The experience of having that opportunity of learning among the crème de la crème. The experience of getting to know these people. The experience of growing and learning more about them. About myself. About life. Preparing me for when I leave this place. You see, this semester was such a struggle for me, perhaps because I was thinking too much and caring way too much about doing well. However, it shouldn't have been way. The only way to be the best I can be is to take life as it comes and make sure it doesn't push me down. Yes, studying is one thing but it is not everything. I should have been kinder to myself and should have treated myself better a few months ago. Instead I kept pushing and pushing myself but one can only take so much. I cannot rewind back time neither can I make up for those bad tests I've done this semester, but for sure starting next semester, I will have a fresh new outlook on this thing they call college. Hopefully, by doing that, the best of me will shine and I'll grow up and become to become a version of myself I can and will be proud of.

My favorite pair of twins. I love them to death.

"Life is about doing what you really like even if it's doing nothing or just relaxing and reading your favorite book." - Kianmehr Ethiatkar

"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows, it's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is going to hit you as hard as life. It ain't about how hard you're hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Some very inspirational video I watched thanks to Mehr

No comments: