Feb 8, 2011

To Work, Or Not To Work, That Is The Question

I kind of wished I was in the US already. My parent's are urging me to get a part time job. But to tell you the truth, I have no intention of working...YET. It makes me sad that as every day that goes by, I have to ponder on what on earth I will be doing for the next few months of my life. It is true I do not want to rot on the sofa upstairs, but I have no will to actually find a job. Everyday I am reminded by mom to go and ask around the shops in the neighborhood. I'm like 'OK' but then 5 minutes later, I'm on my laptop playing Tycoon City - New York. I know it's a relatively old game, but I am hooked to tell you the truth. And the graphics on my Alienware is superb so it's a plus. Come to think of it, its actually the first game I every played on my system. Am I turning into a gamer? Ewww. Hopefully not. I have no idea how this week will go but to tell you the truth the prospect of me looking for a job is at an all time low. I'd rather sit on the couch and play Tycoon City or read my book, 'The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest', the last of the Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson. I told myself I am so going to read the books before the movie comes out later this year. So I wonder how tomorrow turns out. Any suggestions for a part time job?

ps// I need to plan a Skype session with my friends in The US really bad. They almost always seem to fail. Sigh. :/

3 comments:

Justine said...

Mannn I like that song by Greyson Chance! And Faiz, 5.5 months will pass by in a FLASH, trust me. So bettah decide soon if you wanna work or not. It's OK even if you don't feel like it, cos this might be the only free time you'll ever have to yourself in a really long while. When you get to the US and go back to studying, having time to yourself is really hard. So if you don't wanna work, don't. Just do stuff you enjoy and have fun. August is on its way. =)

And yes, our Skype appointments are... -___-" I'll be really busy this week and even more busy next week. BUT I really need to make time to Skype with you. So this time, we make it happen. Your Internet connection good? How bout Monday of next week at 3PM for you?

Justine said...

He reminds me of Keane! .__.

Faiz said...

Hehe, he's pretty good aint he? And about the work thing, I think I will lah. I haven't gone job hunting yet but I decided next week I should start. And with that the 5.5 months will pass by faster.

You say youre going to be busy? Ackk, I dun wanna kacau your plans and such lah Justine. You sure can Monday 3pm my time? Don't you have class on Monday?