Nov 23, 2012

TwentyTwo


Twenty one was definitely a year for the books. Through all the ups and downs I went through this year, I made it through and I believe I am a stronger and better person now than I was ever before. And if it was anything I learned this year, it was perseverance. Through everything that happened, I kept going. I didn't give up. There were those points where I almost hit that threshold, but I held on. Last year was a year of revolution. This revolution was of me and my outlook of life. It seemed like I have been doing it wrong all these years and focusing on all the wrong things. No, life need not be perfect. If it was, life would be so dull. Life is meant to be enjoyed. If not, there really isn't a point in living is there? A wise friend of mine who I love to death once said, "life is about doing what you really like even if it's doing nothing or just relaxing and reading your favorite book." I couldn't agree more on this. You see, before, all I was focusing on was perfection. But in actuality it isn't healthy to chase perfection. Ideally it would be nice to have a so-called 'perfect' life, but then again without all these struggles and challenges, then there really won't be any fun in living. Yes, I admit, I had some tough times through these challenges faced but I still made it through didn't I? 

Twenty two will hopefully be my best year yet. I am uncertain of what the future holds but I am keeping optimistic. I feel like with a new outlook on life, this will materialize. Before I end this simple post, here is another quote from another beloved friend of mine. "You just have to open your eyes to the beautiful things in life. See them, use them, otherwise you'll lose them." Here's to a new year. Here's to twenty two. Here's to life.

No comments: