Jun 3, 2012

It's Happening

As I Skype with my mom, I can't believe how close we are to actually talking face to face, breathing the same air and of course, standing on the same ground, the ground I call home. In less than a month, I will be heading on home and truth be told, I am actually kind of nervous to go back. I don't know, the prospect of being scrutinized by traditional family members is imminent and I don't know how I will be able to handle that. Of course over the past year, I have changed, but I believe I have changed for the better. Yes, I am still that same old Faiz, who laughs at practically anything and everything, but perhaps this version of me coming home will be one who has aged and matured and perhaps a little more 'Americanized' in culture. But that isn't a bad thing (I think). I feel like over the past 9.5 months or so, I have learned so much about myself, and done things I wouldn't have thought possible. Besides that, I have made wonderful friends who, I think makes my stay here that much more enjoyable.

Now, all that is left in these 2.5 weeks before I head home is to buy goodies for the family to bring home. Of course since everything here (branded goods) are so much cheaper, I am assigned the task of being a shopper to hunt for great deals on things my family back home wants. And boy, that list is rather long. But it's OK, cause I do enjoy shopping and if it would make them happy, it would make me happy. So until then, I will enjoy the little bit of summer here just chilling and reading, lunch with friends, movies and of course shopping. Malaysia, I can almost smell you right now. I'll see you soon!

:)

No comments: