Jun 25, 2012

Malaysia

It was a 26 hour journey from MSP to KUL, and because I sort of didn't sleep through any of them (I find it difficult to sleep on planes), I made it through with 8 cups of coffee. This, of course included the $8 one purchased in Amsterdam. It's rather ironic cause only a year ago, I wouldn't even drink coffee. My Amsterdam airport adventure continued with me starting a conversation with a guy from Switzerland and we hit it off almost instantly. Another woman from Berlin joined our conversation a little later and that made my 5 hour layover in Schiphol that much easier. Phew.

Once I got back home, I was of course greeted my my mom, who I could tell was overjoyed, dad and younger siblings. I told them I needed to get a cappuccino before we left the airport and we did exactly that. Since I arrived in the wee hours of the morning, we got some breakfast before heading home. I wasn't really jet-lagged (at least I think I wasn't) and on the first day I arrived, I did the one thing I wanted to do for the past 10 months. Drive. Yeah, simple as it may sound but driving is just one of those few things which actually makes me happy. So I did that almost immediately after reaching home and ladies and gentlemen, I still have it in me. The ability to drive well of course.

In the 4 days I've been home, I have done a lot. I feel like I compressed too much in too little time and today, I sort of crashed. I was rather tired and decided it would be a perfect day to stay in. So what I ended up doing was start - and finish - a new book I got off my Kindle. Score. So far this summer, I have finished 7 books since school was done in May. Quite a feat I think. Hopefully this summer reading will continue. I honestly don't know what else I will be doing this week, but hopefully I could meet up with at least one of my friends to catch up. We'll see.

Till the next time.

1 comment:

Justine said...

You've got a visitor from Lincoln, Nebraska leaving a little love here on your blog! :D

Are you back in MN yet??? I got your goodbye text when I was in HK for my transit. Haha. Thank you. :)