Nov 23, 2011

21

I feel like time goes by way to fast now. It seemed like it was only yesterday that I celebrated my 20th birthday and my dad's 51st at Bubba Gump Shrimp. Today I turn 21. This year's celebration will be drastically different though. I will be on my own this year. Family is half way around the world and the nostalgia is kicking in. No, there won't be a nice dinner where I can order anything I would like or will there be any birthday presents from my parents, sis and bro-in-law and yeah well, family. But I guess that is life. I am rather sad that I am not there (Malaysia) to celebrate my 21st birthday with them but at least I have my friends here. I have my 'family' of my own. But still, its not the same but I'm OK with that.

There are so many things I should be thankful for. In my short 21 years of life, I have lived in 3 different countries (3 different places in the USA, England and of course, home which I call Malaysia), traveled to over 40 different countries (and counting), met so many amazing people (many more to come of course), and I have to say I have been enjoying my life. I am blessed with the most amazing friends in the world, and an even more amazing family. What more can I ask for? 

So, here's to life. Here's to growing up. Here's to being more mature. Here's to more experiences to come. Here's to the year ahead.

:)

2 comments:

Ainaa SS said...

ok i don't know if u noticed by comment below or not but...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Faiz said...

Hey!
Sorry, I was rather busy for the past few days.
Thanks alot!
Hope all is well in Canada!
:)