Feb 7, 2010

Saturday

The weekend came and I was excited. Excited because is was a good friend's birthday weekend. Saturday started slow. I was sure I was going to be late for the 10am (supposedly) meeting at Subang Square. Of course I was going to be right? I left home at 10am. Little did I know it, I was dead wrong, I was EARLY! Everyone was running late. A friend just left home circa 10am, another friend got locked out of her OWN ROOM and another friend was MIA.

So, as soon as I reached I met up with friends who were already there and off we were to Mid Valley. I had a couple of things on my to-do list.
  1. Update points at Topman. My previous card was spoiled and they recently mailed me my new one. Points received between the time the card got spoiled until I got a new one was easily updated with receipts I kept. Now I am RM300 away from my RM25 off voucher. Haha.
  2. Collect a shopping voucher from Robinsons. How I adore the department store. Last year my dad bought a whole bunch of stuff there and I collected points off them with my membership card. Recently, mail arrived for me. One of them stated I had received a RM20 voucher for being such a good customer. Yeah.
  3. Window shop for new shoes. I sort of want to spend my 'student helper' money by buying myself new shoes. I know RM120 isn't a lot, but that's like RM120 off the shoe I plan to buy, so technically, I won't spend as much right? Hehe.
After completing the tasks, it was time to indulge in some American goodness. TGI Friday's was where we headed for lunch. Food there was, as usual, large in all ways. Most of us didn't finish what was on our plate. I ordered a meal which came with an appetizer and entree. I figured the appetizer would be a nice 'appetizer portion', but boy I was wrong. The fried Mac & Cheese was huge! Well, at least for appetizers. It was scrumptious but very filling. Then came my chicken. Wow, it was a challenge I tell you. I only got to feast about two-thirds of the HALF CHICKEN served to me. It was just too much. After our meals, we chatted, laughed and there was a little bit of cam-whoring going on too.

Then came the part the birthday boy 'anticipated'. The birthday cake. He literally grew all red and started 'hating' us for what we did. After a little bit of (singing) Lady Gaga and a speech, we all sang the birthday song, followed by the trademark Friday's birthday song. Again, the friend continued with the 'I-hate-you-guys-but-deep-inside-I-love-you-guys-speech'. However, we know that he loves us anyway so he need not deny it. LOL.

Later we headed to the bowling alley for a planned bowling session. After finding out there was 25 names on the waiting list, we headed to Red Box Karaoke to check the prices. I guess because it was at The Gardens, it was a tad expensive. So it was a definite no-go. We were walking 'casually' (I was walking 'fast' according to others) until inspiration came and told us to stop at Baskin Robbins. I was totally game for ice-cream alright. So was birthday boy. After trying 5 different flavors, I decided to go with my all time fave, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough anyway. I think the dude serving me was like 'this kid tried out like 5 different flavors and he ordered a completely different one?! Sigh'. Oh well, customer rights correct? I can order anything I want to, as long as I pay for it. Then another surprise. The 'fight'. Well, not really. The birthday boy insisted on paying for his own scoop but I was like of course not! I almost tipped my ice-cream over and in the end, the cashier was the one who broke the 'bad' news to birthday boy saying, "I really need the RM10 bill as we don't have small change." I noticed I was the one holding the RM10 bill and happily I paid. Dre, was 'defeated'. LOL.

At the cafe we chatted bout the most random stuff from cars, Malaysia in general and even how a friend went to the petrol station, paid for petrol, but drove off instead. Aduii. The news was too hilarious that there was a moment of silence after the story finished. Of course our laughter broke the serenity. After a few more rounds at Mid Valley, we got bored and decided to play pool back at Subang Square. I got to play a game (which I lost) until my mom came to pick me up. The day was seemingly going to be a snooze after I reached home. It was 7.30pm when I finally reached home. Too lazy to be doing anything, I just sat on the couch and watched a little television. As usual, there was nothing good on.

*phone vibrates*
02.06.2010 20:20
'Congratulations, you are one of the winners for Meet & Greet for Kris Allen Live in KL contest from ASTRO. Please collect your tickets...'

I literally jumped up and down like a monkey. Wow! Really? ME? Just after writing about having 'bad karma' and how I will NEVER win contests, this happens to me. Well, it's perhaps the best first-time-winning-a-contest EVER! I am so happy and I thank a friend for telling me about the contest and of course ASTRO for picking my entry as a winning one!

So, tomorrow I shall be headed to Mid Valley again to catch Kris Allen live and hopefully meet him in person! I will definitely take photos like mad and hopefully I will get a photo with him too! Wish me luck!


Mood: Energetic

1 comment:

Ikitron said...

RM10 wasted. How stupid -.-