Feb 12, 2010

The Day I Met An American Idol

I was completely ecstatic when I saw the name list. What name list may you ask? Well, it was the contest coordinator's list and on it were the winners of ASTRO's Kris Allen's showcase passes contest. The grand prize? On top of the showcase passes, a pair of meet and greet passes, post-show. Awesome? Yeah, totally. So did I win the grand prize? YES!
The stage was set for the autograph session. I was a tad late for that but oh well, I was more content with the meet & greet passes I won. Oh yeah not to forget, I have to thank a good friend for that. If she never told me about it, meeting Kris Allen would still be, just a dream. Thank you so much. You know who you are. :)

First glimpse of the American Idol himself. He seemed quite cool, immediately greeting the roaring crowd upon stepping on stage. 200++ autographs were signed in 35 minutes. Quite an amazing feat. I guess Kris needed to prepare for the coming show and also have err, dinner? I have no idea. But, I couldn't wait. Especially for the meet and greet. I wonder how amazing it would be.

JJ & Ean entertained the crowd while Kris was preparing backstage. "WE WANT KRIS! WE WANT KRIS!" we all scream out loud. JJ said Kris will come out only if we were loud enough. If it was loud that he wanted, we gave him loud alright. I swear the walls were shaking from the roar of the crowd.

The show started with a bang. He sang Heartless/Gangster Paradise first. IMO, it was amazing. Kris has such an amazing voice. You thought his voice was great on the radio? It's even better live!

There was this moment when I blurted out "Kris Allen, you're awesome!" At that time, the room was silent. Kris was to start another song. Oh shoot. What did I get myself into?! He paused for a while, smiled and said "You're awesome too!" I was shocked. Did he just reply my shout out?! I was quite happy he heard it! But trust me, it was an impulsive reflex of mine I couldn't contain. Don't worry though, at least I didn't make a fool of myself. :)

To all those who think Kris is a snooze fest have you seen him perform? Wow, he knows how to work the crowd alright! And this coming from him, fresh out of Idol last year! He learned a lot from the experience I guess. And he learned for the better. He sings songs with such passion and such pride, we totally feel the emotions he tries to bring into them. And look at the way he strums the guitar! He really feels it! Oh and did you know, there was one point where he CROWD SURFED?! Are you kidding me? CROWD SURF?! How cool is that?!

Kris seemed really happy to perform here in KL. "I'll be back here again for sure," he said. If the time is right and I hadn't flown to the states yet, I shall definitely go. Oh, and when I'm in the states, I'll definitely go too!

Kris and his best mate Cale. Don't even ask why or how I even remember his name, as I am puzzled myself. Maybe because Cale is quite a cool name. Haha! Oh and this picture is just way too cool. I just wished it was a little sharper though.


This was the meet & greet session. As starstruck as I was, I managed to utter a few words to him anyway. I introduced myself and asked how he was. With a puzzled look (perhaps because of my name) he replied with a 'fine thank you'. Kris isn't really tall in real life. I remember standing at eye level with him. So even if he was taller than me, it wouldn't be that apparent. Having said that, after the introduction, I froze. He looked at me and had a worried look on his face (as if I was going to faint Kris! LOL). Then the organisers said OKOK, photo time! So they took the photo, as we couldn't do so with our own clickers. After a couple snapshots and an awkward cheer, it was time to go.

Before I left though, I made it a must to say the things I wanted to say to him. So I did. "Kris, you're amazing you know that. You should come back here sometime," I said. "Aww, thanks man. You guys are amazing too," he replied. "Well...," I only manage to say that as the girls were all over him and pushed me out of the way. I wasn't long before we all were literally ushered out of the room as another group was to do the same thing we did. The night was then over. I left with a heavy heart as I knew reality would kick in any moment now and I would have to get back to my routine schedule. But I had a blast that night. A night I will probably cherish for years to come. Now, who's up for a Kris & Adam concert? I'm sure it would be epic. How I dream of this to become a reality. :)


---


I think Kris had an amazing time here in KL. I wished the 'fans' were more in the know about his songs though. I was, of course singing along to each and every one of them but I can't say the same to the rest of the crowd. They went all the way up front but most of them didn't seem bothered to even sing along. Gosh, I guess they just went because they were captivated by his charming looks. Eugh, they just wasted other people's opportunity to go and catch their idol just by doing so. Unfair huh?

Oh and there was even this uncle who came to protect his pure daughter. I mean the thought of it is fine, but when he started to push me away, I got really pissed. I mean, a show without any pushing and shoving?! We're watching Kris Allen for heaven's sake, not Barney The Dinosaur, in concert! I reckon that uncle should have brought himself and his daughter to one of those. Perhaps he will be more content. Oh and to add on to the rudeness, HE COVERED HIS EARS THROUGHOUT THE PERFORMANCE. How effing rude is that! To make matters worse, he was up front and towered among the others in the crowd! Eugh, imagine if you were up there on stage and saw people covering up their ears listening to you sing. Disrespectful no? Anyways, back to the push. I had my revenge. In what sense? Well, I screamed EVERY SINGLE WORD OF KRIS' SONGS IN HIS EARS. How's that for you-stay-behind-me-and-don't-touch-my-daughter, uncle? Serves you RIGHT. Hehe. Sorry for my ranting. I was truly infuriated.

Oh and just so you know, Kris' set list for that night was something like this:
1. Heartless/Gangster's Paradise
2. Can't Stay Away
3. Before We Come Undone ♥♥♥
4. The Truth ♥♥♥♥♥
5. Red Guitar ♥♥♥♥♥
6. Alright With Me ♥♥♥♥♥♥
7. Live Like We're Dying ♥♥♥♥♥♥
8. Is It Over
9. Come Together (cover of The Beatles' song he sang during AI)

Ps// & yes I did take all the photos included in this post. Except for the last one of course. Oh and Kris is AMAZING. ♥♥♥ him. :)

Mood: Hyper

3 comments:

Andre Tan said...

you made it pop up! yaye! (:
thank you again for bringing me faiz :D

Nur Syuhada Zakaria said...

:D

Faiz said...

NO PROBLEMO Andre.
:)

Know what, I kind of miss him.
Haha!